Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 3: Prayer Corner

Summer is doing it's finale and autumn is already round the corner. Why am I talking about seasons? Well, this is very much dependent on how early I can wake up. In the summer, when there is light outside at 5:30 am, I can spring out of bed and start the new day cheerfully. As autumn approaches and when it's still dark at 7 am I am still in bed or sitting in bed thinking what to do and usually this thought bounces back and forth until one of the kids wake up.

But, after fighting the urge to sleep and missing out on being in God's presence, I finally decided enough is enough. So, since the past few days I am up by 6/6:30 am and I sit in my dedicated space to read my Bible and submit this day to Him.

I realized a clutter free space was essential to me to keep my attention and a space where it was comfortable but not so comfy that I could fall asleep.

So I cleared out a shelf on my book shelf, cleared the chair of "stuff" and put just the essentials that I need to have my quiet time. I tend to over dramatize when I have a few extra highlighters and other books around. I also made sure that I didn't switch on the computer and sit on my table lest I succumb to the urge of just "checking my mail disease".

Here is how that space used to be and now



The whole book shelf look:(my work related books, board games and other games)



My "no go Zone" during quiet times:(uncluttering project yet to undertake)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.