Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 2: Weekly Menu

I have found planning my weekly menu to be so helpful. It saves me from thinking what to cook and do I have them in the fridge? If I think one meal , I go and buy that. So that means , stuff bought earlier gets pushed to the back of the fridge. And when I am trying to salvage something for the weekend when I don't have time to cook, I find those pushed back food stuff in other interesting colors and textures.

The whole joy of cooking seeps away when I am forced to think what to put on the menu everyday and trying not to repeat. Planning an Indian menu everyday can be a little hectic. Typically, rice with a gravy, a meat/fish/chicken dish and a vegetable. A lot huh?

There are those days we do have non Indian food. Just to let you know.

So, most Sunday evenings, I sit and plan the week menu and then buy only those in the shopping list, on Monday. Here is a picture of my Weekly Menu chart on the fridge. This was given by one of my best friends who is in the US now. Lingwei, thank you!




Once every other week I make a huge batch of Tuna Cutlets(patties). Fried onions, with ginger ,garlic, green chillies, black pepper and salt to taste. Loads of tuna tins emptied into this mix and sautéed well. Mix in the previously boiled potatoes, and shape them up in oval shapes enough for a few bites. Dip in egg and bread crumbs and put them in zip lock covers. Freeze them. I make about 60-80 of them at a time. They come in so handy when i don't have something to make or i don't have the time. This is easy to take from the frozen bags kept to thaw out in the morning. Deep fry them and you have yummy cutlets!

2 comments:

I would love to hear what you think.