Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 18: Organized morning

I have been having an organized morning for quite sometime now. Mind you, I have a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old. How do I do that? P R A Y E R.
Since we, at the Mums and Toddlers have been following Elizabeth George's "A Woman After God's own heart", we have been focussing on keeping the quiet time by "beat the family" policy. Not violence. But wake up before they do. It was hard in the beginning, especially when there is some light only by 7 am. But persistence was the key word and praise God, its getting better.

Complete handover of the entire day and my to -do list into His hand was the target. Packing lunches, breakfast, changing clothes and especially an ignored area for myself: Dress well and not just pull something together from the wardrobe, were what occupied my morning until 8:15 am.

Peace filled many areas of this morning. Even when things were getting delayed or I didn't have fresh underpants for the boys! Irritation and frustration were slowly disappearing.

I still do have some imperfect mornings where all these frustrations and irritations reach an incredible level. But there are good days also.

Will you beat the family up, and spend some time with your lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.