Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 13: Organizing drawers

Elijah's sock et al drawer was so messed up , I had socks from when he was born. He is almost 2 now. So I went ahead bought two baskets.(Less than 10 Euros for both) One for socks and the other for onesies.
Steps to organizing: (I just finished reading Clutter Rehab by Laura from Organizing Junkie )

1. Empty any area you are going to work on: I emptied the drawer of all its contents.
2. Sort: Sorted out the socks and onesies, cotton towels, leggings for this season.
3. Put those that are small away in the box designated for each age group(This is another project I am looking forward to). Throw away those that are beyond wear for the next baby or another child you know.
4. Neatly fold and place items in the baskets.
Here is a before picture:

Here is the after picture:

I still have to sort out shelves in the kids room. But I choose to start small. One drawer/shelf per time. Starting small gives you the chance to finish the work soon and have a satisfying feeling about the project you undertook and also for the coming projects.

Start small. Thats the keyword.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.