Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 16: Laundry madness

Steve Jobs invented the I -Age. Why didn't someone do anything about folding clothes. When in one of those, once in a blue moon situation I have ironed clothes, I settle down only to realize it's time to wash and fold again. And don't get me started on laundry piling up.The pile quickly grows into a mountain and I cant seem to figure out where to start. Sometimes I have washed and dirty clothes in different baskets lying around, I sometimes have to smell them to figure which ones are clean.(I hope there is someone who says "yes thats me, I totally get you" to this).

So until someone has invented a folding machine, or when we find the perfect laundry system, what can we do in the mean time:

1. Listen to music/audio book or a sermon while ironing or folding.
2. Plonk the ironing board in front of the T.V and watch the latest Grey's Anatomy,House, and the Good Wife.
3. Teach the children to put their own laundry into the laundry basket.
4. Assign different colored baskets for different member of the family.


5. For those mysterious creepy little things called "socks"- put a separate bag like the netted one near the laundry bin and put only socks in that.So it doesn't mix with the clothes.
6.Make a fortune by putting a glass jar near the laundry area to collect those coins that are usually lingering around in pockets.
7. Assigning laundry days in a week might work for some of you. Mondays for clothes and Fridays for towels and sheets. If I haven't finished the sets of laundry , I push it to next week. Don't do more than 2 loads of laundry. You will be exhausted. Fold and if you iron, iron the same day.
8. You could also put in a load before heading out of the house. So when you get back, you have a load of washed clothes. Similarly do with the dryer .

So take up the laundry challenge in an organized and systematic way, leading to a happier you and a happier family!
Conquer the laundry challenge!

1 comment:

  1. i totally get what you mean about having to smell check the clothes to know which one is filthy! Its absolutely disgusting especially when it's not yours.

    For me, I live with my slob of a boyfriend.

    I rather kill myself than to marry him and then have to take care of his children. I'm sure the apple will fall closer to the slovenly tree.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.