Friday, January 27, 2012

Being Tender: Forget me not

On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.

For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.

For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

Won’t you join us?

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most important: comment and encourage the person who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready?

Tender

GO
Yesterday was a really low day. Woke up to kids jumping over me, fighting and having fun at the same time. But at the expense of putting me in a foul mood. I wasn't the cheery "Good Morning" girl I was in college. This was another face to Manju. With that kind of a day, similar experiences dragged through the day. I was also quite cranky and rude to Benjamin , my 4 year old before he went to school, not hurrying up. (I woke up late and hence the push). The guilt put me in another fowl mood. I was anything but tender with the people around me and the situations that day.

Well, there will be days such as this. Who said leading a Christian life is going to be smooth? I confessed my sins and asked God to give me a new morning full of his mercies.

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.


(Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV)


One "low day" can cloud the rest of the days that carried tender moments...
A few..
1. Mothers at our children's school(myself included)standing near the window of their classroom, and watching them.. 10 minutes into the lesson. A step back to leave.. a step forward to see them once more...

2. Elijah, my 2 year old, rubbing Benjamin's(4 years) back when he has a bout of coughing after a high fever.


3.The chorus of "my mama" at Elijah's daycare when I ring the bell. The silence up until the mama that comes in through the door ... and the run, hop and jump to my lap.

How many more have I not seen or felt because of frustrations.

Lord, you have never been not tender towards me... I thank you for that...
Open my eyes and my heart to your tender moments to pour out on others.

STOP

3 comments:

  1. So true, I have allowed those clouds of frustration to fog my view of those precious tender moments!
    I am praying for my heart and eyes to be open to them, as well!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.