Friday, February 3, 2012

The Reality Show

Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.

We write because we want to, not because we have to. We write for fun, for joy, for discovery.

We just write without worrying if it’s just write or not.

Won’t you join us?



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

::

GO
I was catching up with my reading through the Book of Acts from over Moms Tool Box.And today I read the chapter 12: Peter's miraculous escape from prison. While the angel was leading him out of the chains, the jail doors and through the city, Peter thought he was seeing a vision. According to verse 9: He had no idea what the angel was doing was really happening.



Do I see what God is doing for real or keep on wishing and imagining He did something about it? Did I see that "real moment" from God? I may have missed quite a few of them.But I do see the real working of God's hand in me and my family. The past 2 weeks have been weeks of ear pain, ear infections and fevers. They are all well and playing ball as I write. Grace and love like a mighty river, as Brian Johnson sings in the background. That was the real doing of God for me.Even though I may have snapped and fed them dinner late. Chanted that melody a million times to clear up the toys. HE was walking through it all with me.Walking in front of me so I could see HIM and stop myself from shouting. Holding my hand so HE could take the petty frustration away.Reminding me of the real thing.I CAN MAKE IT TO THE END IF I COULD JUST SEE YOUR FACE.Your grace abounds.Focus and purpose clear. I continue the work of motherhood, walking on the water with you, Lord.My eyes on YOU.



STOP

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a saving vision of real! Those moments with God in everyday life are so special, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is... focussing on those moments rather than the missed ones...

      Delete
  2. ok so first of all that picture of the feet walking on the water gives me chills. It's amazing. Secondly I clicked on your blog from Gypsy Mama and was interested since you were in the netherlands...that's different! But then you are listening to Brian Johnson...my husband is good friends with that family and went to ministry school in Redding california...and here you are listening, being encouraged by his words, all the way across the world. And also your post was very thought provoking in that, the soldiers were asleep while Peter left the prison...can you IMAGINE the dreams they were having with that God induced sleep?! wow. God is at work then, in the netherlands and in my heart by reading your blog. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gave me the chills too.. just seeing that feet.. that walked through the dirty roads... that was washed and kissed by Mary... pierced by our sin....I still have the goosebumps while linking in that pic ... An American friend of mine who is now in the Netherlands introduced me to Gypsy Mama.And I am loving it! Every bit of it... WOW! Brian Johnson friends with you! A friend posted a song "Love came down" on their Facebook.I love their album The studio worship. Been listening to that album on a continuos roll. Do tell him if you get a chance that His music is so great for personal worship. Francine Rivers "The Mark of the Lion" series made the book of Acts really alive for me. So visual.... You should read it if you haven't. Thank you again for your comments! Its really great to connect!

      Delete
  3. thanks for stopping by my blog! great take on the word real. it has been fun linking up with 5 minute fridays this week and reading all the different takes on the same word. such a small world too!

    my recent post: just 4 of many things

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.