Friday, January 6, 2012

Roar moment through waiting

The first Friday of the new year.
And I am looking forward to writing every Friday for this year!

For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Let your mind and your words and your heart fly free; wild – no editing, no over thinking.

Won’t you join the FMF team?



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – don’t edit; don’t second-guess.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Must: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
OK, are you ready? Give your best five minutes on:

Roar…

GO

I truly believe Lisa Jo gets her word from God meant for each and everyone of us. This holiday season I have been reading the mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers.It sets the scene in Ancient Rome during the time of the apostles and Christians in hiding. And specially of one character that changes the way you will see your Christian life. Not saying anymore but I leave it to you to read it for yourself and be touched.Shaken.Jolted.

The last Five Minute Friday of the year being OPEN touched on my theme for the year of of a OPEN MOUTH to proclaim God's Words and tell people about it as He leads me. With this ROAR it emphasizes even more on the importance and assures me that this is what God really wants me to do. I was gearing towards quieter ways of doing this. You know, through my behavior, words and how I make decisions and conduct myself for those to see and cause a change in their hearts.

Well, so much for me planning what I needed to do. Waiting on Him for more guidance and clarity doesnt mean we need to fill in that WAITING TIME with our own agenda.
A post that my Mum send this morning and I happened to read it said:There are things God is seeking to teach us about ourselves in those “blank spaces” (waiting time)where we are to be seeking Him rather than acting. Much like a person thinking he is doing the butterfly larvae a favor by cutting it free of its cocoon, we often move in to, literally, “make the kill” (do our “good” for us, deed). God has things in us and in those we are seeking to help, that He is seeking to deal with by giving us (and them) the “blank spaces”. Our natural devotion to the Lord and compassion for people are not the criteria for service to the Lord. That is to come only from Him and it is “always” worth the wait!

Picture:(Lion waiting for the ROAR moment.)
Yet again coincidentally, I am reading along with Mom's Tool Box this month The Book of Acts(Acts in 28 days), giving me the tools and wisdom during this seeking time.

So I guess I need to ponder more or rather wait on Him to lead me to what kind of a ROAR moment HE is gearing me towards.
In waiting I seek that ROAR moment HE has planned for me.

STOP

6 comments:

  1. Great post, and timely for me, too.
    We FEEL so impotent when we are waiting, but that lion waiting for the roar-moment is not impotent. He is breathing in. Am I breathing in the Holy Spirit while I am waiting?

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really, really good words this morning. those "blank spaces" have their purpose, eh? such a reminder to wait, and wait patiently on HIS timing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sabrina: Thank you for your comments. I have learnt lessons on waiting a million times but they were all different yet all vital in my growth with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes. I can be so very impatient and feel quite impotent while I am waiting, thinking that of course I need to be DOING.

    Your post is a good reminder that I am doing while I wait.

    Another good whack on the side of my head today. :-)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... I truly believe that she does hear from Him in choosing the words... because it always is the vehicle for healing, or change, or inspiration.

    It is truly awesome to be a part of the community!
    Thank you for your comment, and for sharing the link that led me here!!

    Blessings,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. Especially love that picture you chose, fits your post perfectly!
    I love reading everyone's different thoughts and ideas about the word, that's what draws me to FMF each week.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.