Friday, January 20, 2012

Vivid Imagination

On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.

For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.

For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

Won’t you join us?

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most important: comment and encourage the person who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready?



For those who would just like to read the entries, hop over to Gypsy Mama and be refreshed, touch, renewed, comforted.

Vivid…

GO

I love to dream and imagine all the good things, better things, things I would have wished I had. Vivid , lengthy imaginations of the material world.I do stop at a moment and realize, that God is watching me and sees my heart. And its not in the right place.

I have been dreaming of the perfect house for a long time. And we have been looking. But clearly don't know why we need to at this moment. We aren't from the Netherlands and have been here for more than 6 years.Living in the rented house is fine. But I could do with a bigger house. Who wouldn't? Not knowing what we will do or where we will be in a few years time, I somehow continue to dream vivid dreams. Setting myself to disaster and explosion in my mind.

Imagining vividly,may seem harmless but it steers your mind toward following and heeding to your agenda and not God's agenda.Vivid imaginations distort reality with God.

How do we put a plug on these imaginations?



When you drift off dreaming about things you wished you could have or places you wished you could go to, do different things ..... STOP and say a prayer....
God, you know what I want and need. Please help me to see and focus on your agenda. Help me to be passionate about what you want me to do.You have brought me this far and satisfied all my needs and I trust you know what is best for me and my family.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Totally fits in with what I'm writing about. Love your bloggy world here. Hopping over from 5 Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what 2 Cor. 10:5 is referring to - taking every thought captive to the knowledge of Christ!
    Very good word!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.