Saturday, January 14, 2012

What am I awake for?

On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.

For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.

For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

Won’t you join us?



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most important: comment and encourage the person who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

STOP
Awake…

What Am I awake for? What do I do that can be called "productive"? How do I spend my awake moments for God? There are times when I brood over my "troubles" and then force myself to think: They are nothing compared to others. I have everything and people that I love near me healthy and well and happy. Then why cant I be grateful and move on. Somedays that pep talk: We are in a better place than others: doesn't work.

I sometimes whine and pour out the "blah" on God just because I want to and I cant do it anywhere else.

So at the end of the day tired and moody, thinking I don't achieve much, I retire to bed setting that alarm for the millionth time , only to wake up once more to another day. (Usually, with my boys screaming for breakfast. Like I don't feed them).

In that groggy moment.. walking down the stairs half eye open.. thinking what do I have for breakfast...thinking will I have your peace, joy, fulfillment for this new day... I hear a voice

.......

Be still .... and know that I am God.(Ps 46:10)



STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.