Friday, February 17, 2012

Delight

Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.

We write because we want to, not because we have to. We write for fun, for joy, for discovery at how much creativity is crammed in our heads and even if we just unlock if for five minutes it can paint the world in dazzling wonder.


On Fridays we just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. It’s such a relief, I promise.



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & leave an encouraging comment.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

::

GO

Delight..... The first thing that did come to my mind was the verse from Psalms: Delight in the Lord and He shall give you your hearts desires....

But I want to tell you the desires of my heart that He has given...

Delight is when He chose the right man for me at His right time... when I was completely unaware and not looking.

Delight is when I held on to my first born and named him Benjamin.. the son of my right hand.

Delight is when God speaks and reveals His plan for you.

Delight is when I look into my Elijah's eyes and knew that "Yahweh is His God".

Delight is when God grants me work in the Netherlands when my bitterness was given to Him.

Delight is to see the way He protects my husband and my children.

Delight is when I get ready for bed after making Elijah's Second Birthday cake at 1:30 am, but steal in a quick look at my boys and watch them sleeping peacefully....The tiredness and the aching legs somehow go away....


My 5 minutes are up but I go on in my heart .. delighting in the desires you have granted me.

How have you delighted in the Lord...? How has He granted the desires of your heart?

STOP

2 comments:

  1. I love your post! I delight in a home-cooked meal with the man of my dreams after a long day. Or a good cup of coffee and a good book. I love the laughter I hear from my students or little cousins. While I have never met you, I share the same delights as you. Thank you for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so hard sometimes to remember His blessings and move away from grumbling...

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think.