Friday, December 2, 2011

Tired

On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.

For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.

For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
OK, are you ready?

TIRED

GO

Tired me? No Way!I am indeed super MOM. I have to keep us to that title a few moms have given me. Shouldn't disappoint the fans. Okay, which 100 points list am I going to conquer today? Alright, coffee first! Looked at the time 9 am. Great start! Chose a Latte Macchiato in my Senseo machine and waited for it to pour into my cup.... It feels like I have woken up and somehow feel time has passed. I checked the time and it was 9:20 am. I slept standing near the coffee machine for 20 minutes. Super MOM, indeed!


Who am I trying to fool here? Who am I trying to prove to?

I drank my coffee and kept the timer on my phone for 20 minutes and had a wonderful power nap.

Having that power nap, I was fresh to get to my tasks for the days. I broke down that 100 points task to realistic , prioritized , do-able tasks. Set time to it and went about doing them.

PHYSICAL TIREDNESS LEADS TO UNPRODUCTIVITY AND FRUSTRATION.

When you are praying hard for something for a long time, there comes a time when our mind feels like it's shrinking in that one prayer area in the brain and this overwhelming kind of feeling sets in. It's like when you are in the gym exercising(not that I go to the gym), and then rest after a workout, this muscle pain and tiredness creeps on you. Just like that when a prayer was answered and I stopped to savor the moment this tiredness(in a good way) crept in. My arms ached.My brain was becoming numb.

It took a while to fall asleep that night. But I felt so refreshed and as if I slept so deep and long.

WAITING ON THE LORD CAN MAKE ONE WEARY, BUT WAITING IN PRAYER REAPS ANSWERS AND PEACEFUL REST.

STOP

1 comment:

  1. I love that: waiting in prayer gives restful peace! And...that is one of the cutest photos i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.