Saturday, December 10, 2011

Colors of Love

Five minutes of unedited writing. Here I am once again linking with Lisa Jo over at Gypsy Mama for what we call around the Blogosphere "Five Minute Friday"
Check it out. I am hooked on FMW.

GO

As I read December 7th Devotional from "A Jesus Advent Celebration" by Ann Voskamp on A Holy Experience with my family this evening(We are a few days behind), it was so apt with the topic of this weeks Five Minute Friday: Color

I look forward to writing this piece in only five minutes every Friday. I even sometimes keep on refreshing my page on Gypsy Mama until the word for the week comes online.

Somehow this Friday, I was swamped with household chores, engagements and family needs that it took me until Saturday evening to sit down to write my five minutes worth.

The devotion was on Josephs coat of many colors and him forgiving his brothers.It ended with "Today, dress your heart in the colors of love". Jesus being the lamb of God, with His robe dripping with blood and because of Him, we are forgiven. "He has given us the most shimmering love gift of all, a robe of righteousness" (Quoted from the devotion)

A colored robe also symbolized to me the "Set apart by God" aspect. We may look different among the crowd wearing this multicolored coat, standing out ... representing our relationship with God,staying near His presence, dwelling on His word and carrying out His great commission :Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. (Matthew 28:19-20)

But, we are not alone. He promises us this one thing , at the end of verse 20:And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Have you dressed your heart in colors of love?

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.