Saturday, December 17, 2011

Real Connection

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most important: visit, comment, encourage the person before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on Connected.



GO
Being connected to someone is every humans natural need. Especially for us women, maintaining that connection with someone or most times with a group of people is vitally important.Over the years I have made my groups of connections and they range from long distance friends that you could call one day and pick up from where we left a year ago when we visited, to friends that you are constantly in touch and share everyday moments.

The key to growing these God given relationships is to stay connected and put in the effort to talk more often, make a small gift, send over an extra meal. Its so easy and I have often chosen to email or text message something rather than pick up the phone and talk. Technology's curse, I must blame someone!


While I can dream and pray about having friends where I can just walk across the street and have a coffee with, God would ask me what I did with the friends He put in my path that require a 20 minute drive. Have I prayed for them? Have I helped them to the best of my ability?

Continued connections require love, prayer and effort.

My five minutes are up! What about you?

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Love, prayer, and effort--yes, but not really difficult.
    "God would ask me what I did with the friends He put in my path that require a 20 minute drive. Have I prayed for them?" Thanks for that great reminder, Manju. We can always pray--no excuse for not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making the effort Manju--even across the thousands of miles between us!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.