Saturday, November 19, 2011

Growth of an extrovert

On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.

For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.

For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
OK, are you ready?



GROW

GO

Being an extrovert, one might think its easy peasy to make friends. Ya, you're right easy to make friends, to carry an entertaining conversation through the evening, and on goes the list.

But it is difficult for an extrovert to make long lasting friendships and grow in that relationship.
Being in the Netherlands has especially been difficult to keep friends. Being a moving expat community, friends come and leave. And that makes me,very careful in making friends. And growing together with them.

At least I am glad to say there are two , who are so far away from me, still close to my heart and me in their' s.

It's been hard to trust that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you meet someone and think, "She is going to be a keeper!" Because I get them often and nothing comes out of them.

So, here I am a day later on our usual "Five minute Fridays", and cheating on the rule of not thinking much of the topic.... How can I not think about it?

I wonder at times, we are all busy with something called "Life"and yes we have priorities. But there is definitely time to feed the "heart of friendship."

So I decided to write my prayer in my journal ,the kind of friendship I would love to have and and the kind of friend I need to be.

Have you told God lately what a friend means to you?

In God's hand, I wait(patiently and not downcast) for that Jonathan and David kind of friendship.

P:S: Thank you Monica and Lingwei for the comments on my earlier post. That has surely lifted my spirit.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. I totally get what you are saying about living in an expat community and making friends. In our part of the world, our community turns over every 1- 2 years and we've been here 'this time' for 7 years. Being in the ministry doesn't help at times either because it is hard to open up and by myself. I feel like an outsider so often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendships change even when you share your lives over a long period time so when that friend comes you can expect that it won't always be just like you want it. I have a heart friend that I met over twenty years ago. We only lived near each other for a year. I haven't spent an entire month together adding the days together since we moved from where she lives. Still we have communicated with letters, phone calls and now the internet.

    I pray you find that friend. Remember others are as guarded as you are. I pray that God sends someone who needs an extrovert to get them out and about having fun and enjoying your life both joys and struggles.

    Blessings. I linked after you on Five Minute Friday. I was late too. :) Jump over and see who I hung out with yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.