Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Day 4: Separating Library books

Living in the Netherlands, with kids attending the local Dutch school using the Dutch library and the International School library, means a lot of books lying around. How do I make keep my sanity and library fines in check?

By keeping them separate. I have separate baskets in the playroom for the library books with a list of books borrowed on my phone. Easier, most libraries have their own app where you can log into your account. This means you get to see the books you borrowed and  the due date. And also sends you a reminder of the date approaching. This means even if you can't get the books to the library before the date , or need more time with the books, you can extend them.

Currently, we have only books from the International School library, so I have a basket for each of the boys to have their selection in. The list lets me know how many and which books I need to return when the day arrives. (In case the books end up in different rooms). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.