Friday, March 2, 2012

Ache

Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.

We write because we love words and the relief it is to just write them without worrying if they’re just right or not. So we take five minutes on Friday and write like we used to finger paint. For joy in the process. No matter how messy the result.

I am linking up with Lisa Jo over at Gypsy Mama.
GO

Certain things that people say to you stick. Stick like glue. And you are reminded about it every time you breath.
A week ago a teacher from the school and also a friend from church was discussing possibilities of a new student that might need help. The child didn't require speech and language Therapy but in- class support in following tasks among other needs.She said she would help in training me for that role and she thought I was best suited because of my skills,could stay focussed and at the same time empathize with the child. I thought wow.WOW. She thinks highly of me! But then, she added, "And God is on your side." That is what , stuck like glue.

Every day I pray for my own children, worrying about their safety. What they will become when they grow up? Will they be kind and compassionate? Will they stick with God through out their life?and the list goes on...

In my mind, the children and the parents that I help, those with dyslexia, ADHD/ADD, delayed speech and language... also have a place in prayer.I pray that I can help them the right way and they will be able to shine through those labels, as stars.How their parents worry and remain clueless of the future their child will have.A great future, I pray. I empathize with them. As a student , I struggled too with school and worked hard to reach where I am. And I didn't have any disabilities or labels. But God was on my side.



God was on my side, through my ache, as a student, as a parent and now as a professional.

STOP

Thank you Tracey for coming over for tea... speaking to you did bring my thoughts together into this post for today!

3 comments:

  1. How lovely, to turn an ache for others into prayer and action. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, God is on our side. And what wonderful work you are doing in that classroom!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.