Sunday, January 27, 2013

Again

My Five minutes for this Friday.. rather... the weekend

GO

Again.....

There are certain things that need to be done again and again. I love it when I finish five loads of laundry, ironed and put away. the sense of accomplishment is mind blowing. The sense that my house is in order fills my eyes with tears of joy. And then, I am back to square one. This week I had another 5 baskets of laundry because I pushed it away for 2 weeks. Not wanting to get up to the attic laundry area and fold and iron the washed and dried clothes from two weeks ago.  All our cupboards were empty of everything.  I had to force myself to go upstairs and start this process all over again. So I took my laptop and put on the latest Grey's Anatomy and finished two baskets. And while I watched and forgot what I was doing, I put in a few loads of laundry too. Today another basket was done, another load was put in, while I watched BBC Casualty and Holby City. The kids were away at a friends place after church. I had the time and I couldn't make any excuses.

We all have to do those repetitive mundane things to keep going. As Elizabeth George puts it, We are an assignment from God to our family. We may not like many of the things we need to do, but we better find a way to do it, and the find some joy in it, because we have a family. I am blessed with a family to care for and to cherish.(and clean toilets, do laundry, cook meals.....)

Looking forward to seeing you next week Mr. Laundry.

STOP

7 comments:

  1. I wish I lived near you. I would totally bring over the 3 baskets of laundry staring at me right now and we could do laundry together...well, one can dream, can't she? sigh! Off to find the elusive joy in laundry...
    on another note, I love how you challenge us to turn our heart to focus on glorifying God in the mundane everyday tasks of life - precious ministry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Moni, my best friend...
      I would love to bring over laundry to your house and chat while we folded and ironed...
      With you in the U.S and me in the Netherlands.... technology can make it possible.. How about coffee and cake over Skype ? And of course, our laundry....

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I wrote a similar post about again. It's the theme of motherhood, isn't it? Yet, like you say, it's such a blessing to have a family to take care of. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment... It' s a constant staying in line with choosing to care for His gift of Motherhood.. (With a capital M)
      :)

      Delete
  3. how true... house-work does get mundane, time-consuming and boring... I'd never do it, if i don't do it in a hurry with just a few hours a day to pack it all in... I hate laundry too... but i hate washing the stinking lunch boxes from office/school even more.... And some of them need 2-3 times of rescrubbing to get rid of the smell of Indian food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a fine line between hating it and doing it out of gratefulness. Even though we are Indians, I stick to Sandwiches in lunch boxes.... i soak my ziploc lunch boxes in hot water as soon as we come home in great lemon flavored dishwashing liquid.... Problem half solved.... and only a scrub here and there to clean it completely....

      Delete
  4. be a wife and mom is a never-ending job, no paychecks nor holidays. But like you said, it is a blessing to have a family and we are called to serve them, as we serve our Lord. Pray that you will have the grace and strength to do what you are called to be :D
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.