Saturday, May 19, 2012

IT'S ALL IN THE PERSPECTIVE


Joining The gypsy Mama on pouring away for 5 unedited no turning back minutes.
Join me? Read what others have to say about the golden word for today "Perspective"?

GO
We passed by the sweet shop called Jammin, and Benjamin spotted the blue and red ice slushy machine. "Can I have that", saidBenjamin. I said, we couldn't since it wasn't very tasty,didn't know what they used for the color and it was really cold you couldn't  taste anything, anyway. He thought for a few seconds and said," But thats your taste." "My taste is different and I might like it". Now, I played the "Its still a No" card, mothers use when they cant think of anything else.

Reminded me of my relationship with God. I want something. I ask Him. He gives a clear NO.And I justify my reasons on how it can be good for me and how much  I want/need it. (The want and need all blurred up).

I understand the frustration Benjamin had when he didn't get the slushy thing.He just had to accept what I said. I had to accept what He said. And it isn't a pretty sight with the temper tantrum of the mind and heart.

Mama knows best, so they say. God knows best and thats for sure.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.(Jeremiah 29:11)

STOP                                                               

1 comment:

  1. Dean Manju,

    You painted a very good word picture of what it's like when we don't want to accept God's no. If only we will always remember...God knows best!

    Thank you for sharing.

    Blessings in Christ...Susan

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.