Friday, September 23, 2011

Still growing-30 next week

We write for five minutes flat on Fridays.

We here at The Gypsy Mama write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

Won’t you join us?

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Go a little overboard encouraging the writer who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give your best five minutes on:

GROWING

GO

Hitting the big 3 next week...30.... How will that change things?
How have I grown so far? I really can't put a finger on what kind of emotion to feel. Happy. Overwhelmed. Excited. It's all there but still not quite there yet. Apart from physical changes in my life during childhood, adolescence, university, marriage, and having 2 boys, there has been maturity at different phases.

I clearly remember the leap in my spiritual maturity during my time at University at Manipal while I did my Masters. Grace Home contributed to my huge leap in Bible knowledge (previously founded on the Jesus movies). And a sense of those things that are important and what's real. I am someone who would get excited in anything new that I saw. If I saw some lovely quilts, I would dream of quilting and making quilts for my future kids. If I saw a malnourished orphaned child, I would dream big of rescuing children and providing for them. It's great to have excitement and dreams in life.A maturity to put these excitements in God's hands and wait on Him is what Grace Home taught me.

My current life in the Netherlands and being part of a church here, has contributed to my next step in maturity. Being a Bible study leader, Church council member, Church creche leader and other roles at various points of my almost 6 years here has added a few more furrows of learning on my brain and a clearer picture of my purpose here. (Many things still remain unclear, though). Most of all "a wait and think and then speak " policy has clearly been established , other than the occasional foul ups.

Me: Now Lord , what are your plans for me? What do you want me to learn?
God: Beloved, all will be revealed in My own time. Prepare yourself to have a teachable spirit.

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.