Friday, May 24, 2013

View

Swinging over from Lisa Jo Baker weekly five minute Friday.

Go

Two days ago, I became an aunt. For the first time. So far away from family, I get to see this new nephew of mine through Facebook. Quite a view from here. I tell, the new mother, whatever I can remember about the early days, on holding a new born, on burping , on using Vaseline to smear the bottom so black poop wont stick and hurt the sensitive skin, on the marvelous rush of energy during  the first few days and the pop in that balloon a few days later.

I remember my 'early days' with my boys. And look at them now, on how we have grown through the years. Mothering through trial and error. And they still live, strong and sound, with intact fingers and toes, although a  tooth less before the first year.

I look at them out of the corner of my eye, when they play by themselves, talking to their toys and creating a world of their own. Making sure they don’t see me looking. Occasionally, I get to film this, and watch it a few hundred times watching their mouth, eyes and hands. How a tiny squiggly  looking fetus can be transformed into this complete being, with personalities different and same in ways from their earthly maker. I picture them, growing up to be men of character, compassion, loving their wives and fathering their children. I imagine how their tiny hands, grow out ,into hands of wisdom and care.

I look down from my barely 5 foot view, and see them growing, talking, and thinking. 

I look forward to gazing up from my barely 5 foot view , to the compassion filled, wisdom and knowledge filled, God men we have had the privilege of raising. Walking proudly, with a son on each side protecting their mama. Now, that’s a view I prayerfully look forward to.

STOP



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Congrats on becoming an aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, thanks for sharing your story

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.