Saturday, April 27, 2013

Maximize your Mornings challenge for the summer @ Hello Mornings


With 2 weeks of holidays coming (we call it May holiday).... and in 10 weeks the summer , I definitely do not want to lose sight on whats important. When I saw this challenge, I thought to myself, its the summer, things are chaotic anyway, we will be away on holiday perhaps, oh , of course we will be moving into our new home for starters. Thats going to be super busy with living in and out of boxes. Nah! maybe I will join the chalenge after everything is settled and I am in regular routine. Essentially, I was taking a break from Jesus during the summer, and telling Him to take a chill pill and enjoy the summer too. That was a blow to my face. To think I was abandoning my Lord for a season. So, whether its the summer, or trips, or moving into a new home, my time with the Lord should be the first thing every morning. So, here I am taking the challenge.
Now whats the challenge all about:

  • A 13-week challenge to maximize your mornings, via online accountability groups.
  • Starts May 6th and runs through August 2nd.
  • Registration is open until Friday, May 3th.
  • Perfection is not a requirement. Just a desire to meet with God in the morning and a commitment to checking in with your group.
  • There is also a free Bible study for all HelloMornings participants, Meet Jesus, a walk through the book of John.
So, think about this wonderful opportunity to learn and sit at His feet with accountability and perseverance.

 

2 comments:

  1. "Essentially, I was taking a break from Jesus during the summer ..."

    Oh, my goodness! What a powerful thought, and so true. I don't want to tell Him to take a chill pill, either.

    Thanks for this awesome post. Praying that God blesses and honors your choice to seek him in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're up for the Hello Mornings challenge! Thanks for spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.