Friday, February 15, 2013

Beloved

Five minutes and more for My Beloved this Friday.

My Elijah turned 3 this week and I can barely contain myself with emotions. I can spend time looking at him, hearing his words put into long sentences, asking whether I like his drawing, and his endless requests for juice in the big boys cup and apples in the green bowl. I went through his pictures of the last year, and notice how he has grown. The baby look a little faded.His eyes bright and curious as ever.He didn't like much of hugging or snuggling early on, but now hugs me tight when he comes into our bed at 4 a.m. A strong willed child, I call him. 


Beloved Elijah,I pray you grow up to be a kind and compassionate man. Filled with His knowledge and wisdom.  And remember that by your name, "Yahweh is your God".


And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
Luke 2:52

                                                                                                 

1 comment:

  1. Some times it just doesn't seem possible to hold all the love we mamas have for our children!

    I, too, am watching my little one grow up too fast. Thank you for sharing your heart with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.