Friday, September 28, 2012

Five Minute Friday:Grasp

Five minutes is all I have.... and thats the purpose.
Unedited writing, timed for 5 minutes only.
GO
Michelangelo's painting to me always showed how we strive to reach Him, yet we are not there yet.


A perfect day would start off at 6 am, before the kids could wake up. A " quiet time " true to its name, to enjoy His presence. Time for a shower. Pack lunch bags and work bags.7 am: wake up the kids and finish breakfast by 7:30. Get ready by 7:45. Leave for "drop off's" at day care and school 5 minutes before 8 am. Thats why its called a perfect day. This hardly ever happens. And usually involves nagging ,countdowns, and the live time teller. And of course , something is always forgotten. Especially the quiet times and showers.

No wonder, I cant reach Him.

I am just going in circles and not moving forward.

But Jesus closes that gap between me and the Father and pulls me in with a rope of grace and mercy.Speaking to Him on my behalf.

I can not grasp the idea of the need He has to have a relationship with us. Us? He wants to be our Father. If we love our earthly Father how much more our Maker loves us.

Last night, when we were in our Cell group, a friend explained what our Father does, when we sin, or disobey Him. He first wants to be in a relationship with and enjoy our presence and then discipline us. Thankfully He doesn't strike us down dead at the first instance. Oh! How we could have the privilege of actually walking in the cool of the evening in the garden conversing with our Father.

We still can. In the midst of daily routines.And that I can grasp.

STOP


2 comments:

  1. That's the time my perfect day would start too. One full hour to myself and Jesus and quiet. And then time to prepare for the day. I love this: "I can not grasp the idea of the need He has to have a relationship with us. Us?" I don't understand it either, but oh, how thankful I am for it!!

    It was fun to hear you mention "cell" groups. I haven't heard anyone else call them that... except for people at my church. :)

    Stopping by from FMF. Glad I did. I am talking to another believer on the other side of the planet. SO COOL! Hello to you new friend in the Netherlands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manju, you get it just right in this post. No days are perfect and its so hard to find the time for the quiet to be with Him. But its good to know that we can grasp some small time with him throughout the day, even though it may not be as "deep" as we would like.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.