Friday, March 23, 2012

Still that thing called "Loud"

Diving straight into my Five minutes of the day.
I am linking with Lisa-Jo and 100 plus women pouring out every Friday.

LOUD

GO
I love my children and my husband. Don't get me wrong. But I would love to be surrounded by silence for a CERTAIN length of time. I love to hear my kids call me "mama" and talk to them. But I would love to not hear them for a tad bit long.Sometimes even in a silent moment, I do hear their voice ringing in my head.Loud and clear! Veggie tale music playing in my brain and I can actually hear it.The tuneless guitar strums of my 5 year old still playing in my head even if he is at school.

What can I do to silence the loud noises reverberating in my head from the day?

A walk alone in the sun perhaps.....

An afternoon nap, to energize the tired mind...

What I have been looking forward to the entire week is our once a year English speaking AGLOW conference in the Netherlands. Just 40 minutes away from home and a few more hours to go.Women from Europe gather together under one centre for the entire weekend, represented from different nations waving their flags at the nations welcome ceremony, away from home to worship and rest.

I love the rest part. And of course the worship.

Taking some time off to refresh and rest, have a change in perspective, step out of those roller-skates, is a good idea.

And I am embracing it.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Embrace and enjoy your time of rest and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often think I would like to silence the voices for jsut a few minutes too! But usually when my littles get too quiet I start to worry they're into something they shouldn't be! ;) Hope you have a great time of rest!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.